Corporate catering can get boring at times, so Pinterest appetizers have become my friend.
These bite-sized strawberry cheesecakes* are perfect for your appetizer list, easy to make, and always a hit.
– 1 lb. fresh strawberries, washed
– 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
– 8-10 Speculoos cookies from Trader Joe’s, crushed -or- 4 graham crackers, crushed (or your crunchy cookie of choice) -or- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed (gluten-free!)*
1. Using a paring knife, cut off the tops & hollow out each strawberry.
2. Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
3. Fill each strawberry with “cheesecake” filling.
4. Dip each strawberry, tops down, into your cookie/cracker/nut crumbs.
Enjoy!*Easy way to crush cookies or nuts: place into plastic baggy and pound with something hard: hammer, your child’s most durable toy…