“Take care lest you forget the LORD your God…”
“Most problems in our Christian walk come from not spending time with Jesus through his Word.”
Two years ago, I wrote a post on setting push notifications to remind ourselves of the goodness of God. As someone who is quite forgetful, I figured interrupting myself with something true midday would be helpful to my soul.
And it was.
Today I am happy to share with you a calendar subscription for the Garden City Bible Reading Plan. I’ve taken the PDF and created two versions of calendars for easy access on the go.
1. Daily 6 AM notifications. This calendar will set a 6-6:30 AM “meeting” that will send you a notification with the daily reading & link to the scripture. (Click the link to download to your desktop or mobile phone, or copy the URL to add it through Google Calendar/import by link.)
2. Daily all-day events (no notifications). This calendar is a series of all-day events that does not send notifications/reminders, but still includes the daily reading & link to scripture. (Click the link to download to your desktop or mobile phone, or copy the URL to add it through Google Calendar/import by link.)
The reason I created these calendars was to remove one step that might inhibit people from being in the Word on a daily basis. Of course, I know there are plenty of apps/cool tricks out there that are out there as well, but hopefully this would be of benefit to anyone who goes to Garden City Church, or for anyone who simply wants to jump on our reading plan.
Feel free to use the following Bible Reading Method (Explore : Pray : Anchor) in your time with the Lord in his Word.
Bible Reading Method*
Before you begin reading, ask God to speak to you through His Word. Read the daily reading and Explore : Pray : Anchor.
Explore. What phrase or sentence(s) stood out to you in today’s reading? What are they saying about the nature and character of God? About Jesus? About you and your life?
Pray. Respond to God in prayer. Be honest with Him about what the above is making you think/realize/feel. This could look like:
- Repenting of sin
- Thanking God for who He is
- Praising God for who He is
- Making requests of God
- Expressing doubts/concerns
Anchor. Keep your heart and mind set on God by finding a way to anchor in what He said to you throughout your day. You could try:
- Posting it on social media
- Writing it on a sticky note/to-do list
- Sharing with a friend
- Drawing something
- Or come up with your own way!
*This entire section is straight from the Bible Reading Method on the Garden City Church Bible Reading Plan. Content written by Chad Francis.